MB- Modified Bitumen Roofing Systems
Asphalt-based Modified Bitumen roofing is very similar to BUR roofing (Built-Up-Roof.) This system has been used for flat roofs (or low slope roofs) in American since the 1970’s and is an extremely popular choice for owners and roofers alike.. Modified Bitumen has 5 layers of roofing components and is designed to take on the extreme elements of mother nature and withstand harsh exposure. With the heat and rainy season this is a great choice for southern Florida flat roofs.
5 Layers of a Modified Bitumen Roofing System:
- Modified Base Sheets
- Modified Bitumen Membranes
- Surfacing (Surfacing colors come in various shades of orange, white and gray. These are asphalt roofs so all colors also have black in them as well.)
Modified Bitumen Roofing System Benefits
- Track record proven for performance
- Many different application methods
- High tensile strength
- Amazing waterproofing elements
- Added insulation
- Competitive cost
- Many choices for top surface
We at KLR understand it can be confusing to pick the right flat roofing method for your roof and we supply information on the applications we perform, but feel free to give us a call or shoot us an email to learn more and get some expert help in deciding how to proceed.
KLR Roofing Corp is a trusted, licensed Florida roofing contractor and are certified contractors for many of the top names in the roofing industry.